Friday 18 September 2015

Winter Washing Line

Hi everyone, here is one of my newest samples using brand new stamps.  These baubles and the stocking needed to be hung up, but I wanted something a bit different to a tree... so why not a washing line. 


I started with a background of Brusho, dabbed off through a stencil to create a textured background. over this I created a snowy ground using Grunge  paste and Snowflake paint.  


Over this I sprinkled some glitter and left it to dry. 


I painted 2 coffee stirrers with Black, added a little Treasure Gold and some WOW embossing powder. These were then glued in place with a length of yarn between them.  


Using my older stamp, EDY09,  I created this fence over Autumn Fire and Black paint. This was glued in place and a little white paint added to the tops. I used Archival inks to colour some smoothy then stamped the snowflake from EDY04. over this I stamped the text from the new stamp plate EDY15. The text is then cut using a label die cut in half. 


I stamped and embossed the baubles from EDY16 and the stocking from EDY15 using WOW black embossing powder onto cotton fabric that has been painted white. 





These were then coloured in using Pitt pens. 


I cut a 2nd piece of fabric and glued this to the front piece, adding  a little synthetic stuffing between. 


I felt the bottom needed a little colour, so I added 2 little birds using Lin Browns stamp from ELB21. I stamped them in red and added black details. 


I love how dimensional the hanging pieces are.. 


All the new stamps are available from your favourite PaperArtsy retailer. 

Darcy x


3 comments:

  1. Ha!...that card is too close to reality for me :D I have the fence and everything :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really great card, Darcy!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete